Please be advised that this opportunity is located in Belleville, Ontario
Position: Night Shift Dispatcher
Location: Belleville, ON
Job Posting Number: 2019-11 Night Shift Dispatcher
Family owned and operated since 1945, Cooney is a third generation, family-run business with terminal locations throughout Ontario and Quebec. Cooney values all people while promoting inclusion and trust.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Night Shift Dispatcher is responsible for the night-time dispatch for Cooney Transport Ltd operations across Ontario and Quebec. This position is in Belleville, ON.
- Lead and administer dispatch for all aspects of the Cooney Transport division along with company driver and independent contractor dispatch.
- Planning and dispatching of loads ensuring maximum efficiency with profitable route planning, ensuring on time deliveries.
- Update customers on the status of their deliveries including any delays.
- Have on-going interaction with drivers, independent contractors and other operations personnel.
- After hours, possible weekend calls and emails.
- Commitment to quality service excellence, provide excellent customer service to our clients fostering repeat business.
- Be a champion for the successful engagement of team members through Operations Management Initiative (OMI) Strategy.
- Monitor road conditions, construction zones, and accidents in order to revise routes as needed.
- Other duties as requested.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum two (2) years of transportation dispatch experience is an asset.
- E-log and TMW experience is an asset.
- An industry accreditation would be an asset; CITT, P.Log
- Must be organized, self-motivated, take initiative, goal oriented and results driven.
- Must have strong problem solving skills while providing an effective resolution.
- Effective response to a changing and growing environment.
- A strong team player with exceptional inter-personnel skills.
- Must work effectively within a team as well as independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on superior customer service.
- Knowledge of Ministry of Transportation and Department of Transportation rules and regulations; familiarity with cross border procedures.
- College education preferred or equivalent industry experience
Individuals interested in applying for the above position are invited to submit their resume to email@example.com. Please title your email "2019-11 Night Dispatcher"
We thank all candidates for applying, however we will only contact those selected for an interview.