Below is our Owner Operator Package and includes the required information for both the driver and the tractor. In order to process your application as quickly as possible, it must be completed in full including the work history portion of the application with periods of unemployment accounted for (month and year), and must be accompanied by the following information and documentation:
- Copy of Current Driver’s Licence
- 2 years of verifiable experience and be at least 25 years of age (insurance purposes)
- Copy of FAST Card and or CDN Passport (or must be eligible to obtain one)
- Driver’s Abstract (current to 30 days)
- C.V.O.R. (current to 30 days)
- Criminal Record Search (current to 30 days)
- Copy of valid MTO Medical
- Copy of proof of citizenship (i.e. Passport, Birth Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship)
We require all tractors to be eight (8) years or newer and be inspected to ensure that your tractor is compliant with our safety standards. Should it not be, we will advise of the repairs required.
- Copy of current registration
- Copy of Bill of Sale or Lease Agreement
- Copy of valid Annual Inspection (inspection date must be legible)
- Copy of valid E-test
- Copy of Speed Limiter
- Copy of Articles of Incorporation
- Copy of your letter of authorization
- WSIB Certificate Number
- Copy of CAT scale ticket for weight with full fuel and gear
Owner Operator Highlights.
- 19,000 lbs max weight full of fuel and gear
- Maximum 5th wheel height of 48”
- No paint policy
Cooney Pays For:
- Mileage rate for loaded and empty based on the latest version of PC Miler
- All Licensing Fees
- Company Decals
- Fuel Tax, Permits (HVUT), Tolls, Bridge Crossings, and Transponders
- PeopleNet Satellite, Installation and Monthly Fee
- All other “OTR” expenses (fax, scales tickets, etc.)
- WSIB/Out-of-country insurance (AIG)
Owner Operator Pays For:
- Insurance – Auto, cargo, and liability insurance deductibles will remain @ $2,500.00 per occurrence with the primary policy remaining at a $10,000.00 limit. Insurance based on gross revenue will be charged at 3.5%.
- Buy down & WSIB replacement insurance must be purchased through company approved providers. Buy down cost: $136.00 per month – THIS IS A MANDATORY COST
- WSIB Replacement: $124.31 (single), $137.99 (family) per month – THIS IS A MANDATORY COST
- Montreal/Belleville/Brantford Terminal & all Card-Lock Fuel/DEF: Capped at 74.9¢/L + taxes
- Dedicated Dispatch and Safety Department – on call 24 hours per day
- Equipment that is properly maintained and clean
- = $1.35 per mile
- = $1.40 per mile to the USA from point of origin in Canada
Live Loads/Unloads + Hourly
- = $30.00 (Canadian & USA live loads/live unloads)
- a. Extra Drops/Pick Up’s: = $20.00 each
- b. Hourly Rate: = $40.00 hourly after 2 hour delay
- = $15.00 per round trip (hourly after 2 hour delay)
Layover: $250.00 maximum flat rate after 24 hours. Layover pay is calculated from the completion of unloading at the dock, provided the Owner Operator has available hours of service.
Waiting & Delay Time: Applicable only if the proper procedures are followed.
Delay at Customer: Delays of more than 2 hours for loading or unloading will be eligible for waiting/delay rate of $40.00/hour to a maximum rate of $250.00 for 24 hours, and must include the trip sheets with times in and out clearly identified, as well as P.O issued by Belleville Dispatch.
Mechanical Failure (Trailers Only): Delays of more than 2 hours for mechanical failure of the company’s equipment, not caused by operator error or negligence, will be compensated at a rate of $40.00/hour to a maximum rate of $200.00 for 24 hours. To be compensated, the Owner Operator must send Macro # for Breakdown/Trouble to request a P.O for a mechanical delay.
Delay at Customs/DOT/MTO: Delays of more than 2 hours at Customs or DOT/MTO inspections due to paperwork, congestion, cargo or equipment issues, not caused by operator error or negligence, will be compensated at a rate of $40.00/hour to a maximum rate of $250.00 for 24 hours.
Hand-bombing: Not applicable.
- Bi-Weekly payroll through direct deposit into a Canadian Banking Institution of Owner Operator’s choice
- Pay Summary Statement will be mailed to the Owner Operator
- All paperwork must be submitted on a timely basis to any of our terminals
- Holdback deductions of $250.00 per pay until $3,000.00 have accrued (12 Pay Periods)
- Auto, cargo, and liability insurance deductibles will be $2500.00 per occurrence with the primary policy remaining at a $10,000.00 limit
- Insurance based on gross revenue will be charged at 2.5%
- Buy Down & WSIB Insurance has already been applied above
Apply for an Owner Operator Job at Cooney Transport.
Put a driving career at Cooney in motion now. Apply online, give us a call or drop by one of our offices today!
To forward your resume by email: email@example.com
To forward your resume by fax: 613.967.5981
Note: when sending your resume by fax or email, please send attention to: Driver Recruitment Manager.
Phone: 613.962.6666 ext. 236